Your invitation is very important to the success of your business. Why? If they don’t show up, you don’t have the opportunity to show them WHO YOU ARE and WHAT you are so excited about.
Who are you inviting and to what kind of event will determine the invitation you use.
For example—you wouldn’t use the script for an online lead on someone you had met at the grocery store.
If at all possible, you have to know who you are talking to and what their ‘hot buttons’ are and you absolutely must use key words to let them know this is a firm appointment.
- Warm Market. Since we start with your top 10 people on your contact list, let’s start here. We ask you for three attributes for each person. Let’s say you have Monica who loves people is work a full-time job and a part-time job to provide the extras for her kids. You know she would like to spend more time with them.
This is how the invitation might go:Deb — Monica, this is Debbie. I am just on my way out the door, but I wanted to give you a quick call. Are you free on Tuesday evening?Mon — Why?Deb — You have been on my mind. I know you want to spend more time with your kids—and you are great with people and you are looking to provide more for your family—just like me. I believe I’ve found something that is the answer to all of those things. Mon — What is it?Deb — I don’t have time to go into all the details now, but it is a financially solid, privately owned company out of AZ. They are positioned in front of the next trillion dollar trend—and they are looking to work with a team of local business people Are you free for 60 minutes on Tuesday—there will be a 20-30 minute Private Business Reception at ______________, then you will be able to ask questions for the remainder of the time.
Mon — Can you tell me more?
Deb — I was just on my way out the door. Monica—all your questions will get answered—just like mine did—I believe you’re going to love it.
Do you have your calendar out? Great. Write it in for 7:15. Do I have your word you’ll be here? I only have room for 5 people and you are one of the 5 I want to show this to. (or whatever number you choose).
You will want to confirm with Monica on the day of the event that she has the proper directions, etc.
- Online Presentations. If you are generating leads online (and most people should be unless you are band new), then you should be using the #1 Script for contact and inviting. The key with this script is to use it the way it was written. WHY? It asks their WHY within the 5 easy questions. This is important because you have 5 to 7 minutes to develop a relationship with your prospect. The next time you speak to them, you are going to be asking them to join you in business and make an investment.
At the end of your initial interview, you need to make sure the prospect has the appointment in their calendar, understands that while there is no charge to them to view the presentation, the space is limited, and if for any reason they need to reschedule, to please let you know as soon as possible so you can release their seat to another person who is interested.Confirm that they have your phone number if they need to re-schedule for any reason and that you will be calling them immediately after the webinar to follow-up and answer any questions they may have. The morning of the webinar, make sure to call and confirm that they were able to log in to the virtual presentation room—that they had no technical challenges and let them know you are looking forward to speaking with them later in the day.
- Recorded Presentations. In today’s busy society, it’s important to give people options, and one of
the options that works well is our RECORDED presentation. www.WWD-RMS.info
Note that ideally you have taken this presentation from the back office and personalized it for you (with your WHY and your photos – that’s what your prospects want to know about). This can be accomplished fairly easily via the PowerPoint software that is standard on most computers. After using the initial script with them, be sure to tell them you will send them over your ‘presentation email’ and schedule a follow-up time within 48 hours to get back with them — you may want to have your mentor on the phone with you for the first 2 or 3 follow-up calls.
- Hotel Events. More than likely if you are holding a hotel event, you are doing some sort of local advertising as well as your warm market. Be sure to use a voice mail box to screen responses to your ads. And then send an email invitation to the Exclusive Event at the XYZ hotel. (Courtyard by Marriott’s are great—and inexpensive). Be sure to tell your prospect what room the event will be in, what exit to take off the freeway, and what you will be wearing. Leave nothing to chance.Again, follow a similar interview format to what we use when sending information online (via our ‘partners package’). The difference is instead of inviting them to a view the presentation online is you will invite them to an ‘Exclusive Live Event at the XYZ Hotel.’ Note: You will need at least 3 people to assist you in running a Hotel event: Money Person, Greeter, and Technical Person.When you are closing the invite, be sure that you go thru the steps mentioned in point one about putting the event in their calendar, and asking them if they are a person of their word.Example, after the interview questions and you’ve set the appointment.Sue, just want to confirm you have the appointment in your calendar for Wednesday at 7 pm—right? Great. Now you are a person of your word—so we’re going to see you right—there’s nothing that would prevent you from attending because we have reserved a seat for you and there is limited seating at this event.Ok—if anything changes, if you would please let my office know. Our number is XXX-XXX-XXXX.
- Live Business Opportunity Calls. These are fairly simple. Schedule the same way as you would in the examples above—depending on who you are speaking with.
Be an Active Listener or Heart Centered Listener.
The key to a successful invitation is to make sure they have written it in their calendar and they know that the event is limited seating and that you will be looking for them—they have made a commitment.
Will this guarantee you have no no-shows? Of course not—but they will decrease below 30%!