If customers contribute 80 to 85% of your income, it’s the Leaders and Builders who create that volume . . .
Doesn’t it stand to reason that we want to develop key traits in our Super Star Leaders?
Where do we begin?
- Share your vision
- Create Community
- Develop a Training Series that includes online, tele-classes, and LIVE Events
- Create an Accountability System (it moves people to action)
- Team Building (Duplication)
- Offer programs that allow for self-development(some may be third-party)
- Implement a Coaching Component
- Create Systems(Systems allow for faster duplication)
While you are the leader of your TEAM, you must set the example. Your people will do EXACTLY what you do.
Before you can create a TEAM – before you can build your TEAM, you must be CLEAR – CRYSTAL CLEAR – that means laser focused on WHY you are building the business.
A quick version of how to get there is to ask yourself what you would be doing if money were not an issue –
- Where Would You Live
- Who Would You Spend Your Time With
- How Would You Donate Your Time and Money
- What Kind of Car Would You Drive
- Where Would You Vacation
- What would a week in your life look like?
This WHY piece is probably the most important piece you do with your TEAM. And, it should be done more than once. The WHY is really our reason we build our business – and much like styles change, as we mature in our business, our WHY will change. To see the exact book that our TEAM uses, be sure to log in to your Inner Circle Members area www.WomenWithDreamsMLMAcademy.com/InnerCircle-WHY
Now we can move on to WHO we want on our TEAM and who we present our business to (not everyone qualifies) to have your time.
In order to create momentum (where other people begin joining you in duplicating your efforts, the first 90-120 days (from when you make the decision to build yourIRRESISTIBLE TEAM),you will spend 80% of your time presenting for your personal recruiting efforts and 20% of your time presenting for your TEAM. After that time, the ratios will reverse.
However, do not fall into the trap that so many ‘wannabe’ leaders fall into . . . Managing their TEAMs . . . this is the beginning of the end. If you move to the management stage, you will have a team of managers instead of builders. Managers expect others to do all the work . . . they make a lot of suggestions, but don’t do much work. This almost always leads to questioning . . . ‘Why isn’t my business growing?’ or ‘What am I doing wrong?’
You must always be in the BUILDING stage . . . setting the example by choosing Income Producing Activities and showing your TEAM how you are building your TEAM of IRRESISTIBLE LEADERS.
Look for these additional resources(the very same documents I used to build multi-million dollar TEAMs) in the Inner Circle Members Section relating to IRRESISTIBLE Super Star Leaders (www.WomenWithDreamsMLMAcademy.com/InnerCircle-IrresistibleRecruiting ):
- Developing Your WHY
- Effective Contacting and Inviting
- Super Star Recruiting
- How to Present
- The Powerful A-Z Presentation
- Dos & Don’ts of Closing
- Questions & Objections
Now that you have created a TEAM, how do you create community?
Creating Opportunities for Growth build stronger leaders . . .
In your career or ‘day job,’ did you get where you are overnight? Did you have to identify areas of potential growth that could advance your career?
The secret to helping Rising Stars become Shining Stars and Shining Stars become Super Stars is identifying what they are good at and helping them move from good to great.
When you are an IRRESISTIBLE Leader, you have the ability to see more in others than they see in themselves – your belief in them can go a very long way. Most people live in self-doubt and wondering if they are good enough – so when YOU, their IRRESISTIBLE Leader who they’ve chosen to follow says ‘Hey, you’re really great at _______’ or ‘The way you complimented Sue, I could see you made her day . . . you have a gift with people,’ it goes a long way in increasing their believe in themselves that they can build the business of their dreams.
It goes to reason that because you see more in them than they see in themselves right now that when you make a recommendation that they might benefit from a training or participating in a Triad for Accountability or a Master Mind for growth, that your Rising Star or Shining Star will have the ears to hear and more than likely be quick to embrace a new opportunity.
Some ideas for growth . . .
- Public Speaking
- Hostessing an Event or Conference Call
- Emcee an Event
- Presenting (either product or business)
- Planning and Hosting a Training
- Identifying and Developing and Implementing a Marketing Strategy to fit their goals and objectives (to fill their funnel)
- Learn both off and online marketing
- Coaching them through the Next Step
- Creating their brand
- Implementing a Customer Service/Retention Program
- Teaching Leadership
Continuing Education leads to CANI(Constant and Never Ending Improvement)
One of the components of Leadership is recognizing where we can improve and identifying what we can do to assist others improve.
If you have a TEAM, you’ve got people who get your vision. They are looking for you to light the way for them, including showing them where they need to improve.
None of us are perfect, and just like the doctor, lawyer, massage therapist and accountant who need continuing education credits to update their skills, so do professional network marketers and direct sellers.
As IRRESISTIBLE LEADERS, we set the standard for our TEAMs. That means if we can be vulnerable and honest enough to say that we could improve in a certain area, then our TEAMs will be willing to embrace that self- development is a good thing for everyone.
Our businesses will only grow to the extent we are coachable and willing to embrace new concepts. Is this you . . . or is being Coachable an area that is calling you for improvement.
Leadership is a TOP DOWN performance review.
While this may sound easy, it’s not. But the rewards will be worth it beyond your wildest dreams – seeing your people grow is HUGE!
Hour of Power
If I had to identify one thing that is not an IPA (income producing activity), that is directly responsible for the growth and success of a TEAM, it’s the Hour of Power.
If you don’t already know, the Hour of Power is 60 minutes that you dedicate to YOU each day. It’s how you get your mindset right. And mindset always precedes financial growth.
Here are the components of the Hour of Power . . . which is one of the first components I teach my TEAM.
- Listen to 15 minutes each day of something inspirational or positive. With the age of the internet, we have so much available to us . . . but here are some of my favorites: Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy, Tony Robbins, Zig Ziglar, John Maxwell and Company Stories of people who have overcome challenging odds.
This 15 minutes is easy to fit into your schedule – download it to your ipod or iphone – listen when you exercise or listen during your commute – or when you are getting ready for work.
- The next area is reading. It’s important to read at least 15 minutes each day. Many people choose their book of Faith . . . for me it’s the Bible. Every day I read the Proverb for the day (there are 31 chapters in the Book of Proverbs). I generally have 2 or three books going along with several periodicals. I really enjoy anything by John Maxwell and, of course, one of my favorites is Success Magazine.
- Journal. There’s a reason . . . it allows you to recognize what’s great and offers a safe place to dump the trash. This is for you!Here are some journaling prompts:
- What am I grateful for today?
- What was my WIN today (did something good happen)?
- Who did I help today?
- What did I learn today?
- What could I have done better?
- What am I looking forward to tomorrow?
- The last 15 minutes of the Hour of Power is Planning Your Tomorrow! “If you Fail to Plan . . . Your Plan to Fail.”Write out your Top 6 Accomplishments for Tomorrow –We all have a big TO DO List – but when you can feel great about accomplishing 6 things that will move you forward towards your main goals, this is really awesome!Ask yourself when writing out your Accomplishment list if it is indeed moving you forward!
Sometimes we have things that are critical – and must do just because it’s life.
Use a great Calendar (I use both a paper and an electronic calendar) and a beautiful journal.
Productivity for Super Stars
While you may be full-time in network marketing, 95% of your people are part-time. When you work a job, it can be easy to be overwhelmed. Wouldn’t you like to give your TEAM a tool to combat overwhelm and Double Productivity . . . in 30 days or less?
Let’s face it, we can all get overwhelmed, and there are some key strategies that can be implemented to yield EXTREME results for productivity.
One of my personal mentors is Andrew Cass, a million dollar earner in network marketing shares how you can
Uncover Your Personal Productivity Zone . . .
- Learn how to put high-priority, ‘Revenue Producing Activities’ into action for good.
- Ingenious strategies for breaking down the walls and overcoming the fears that stand in the way of YOUR creativity and productivity.
- Create and Customize YOUR perfect EXTREME Time Management & Productivity blueprint . . .gives you an overwhelming advantage.
- Implement Scheduled Blocking and a Production Tracking System.
- Put the secret power of “Batching” so you can free up at least an additional 10 hours per week – that’s a full 40 hours per month!
- How to make procrastination a think of the past!
Get the secrets FREE from Andrew with this special link:
While procrastination and poor time management will lead to marginal results (or worse no results), there are any number of distractions that will kill you and your TEAM. It’s your job as the Leader to Lead by example.
In our business,Sponsoring cures all ills in a business is true . . . think about when you sponsor, there is more money to spend, more people to create Community, and generally more fun!
After all, the Speed of the Leader is the Speed of the Pack.
Dr. John Maxwell, says that Leadership is really about influence.
And what is influence . . .Here’s just one definition . . .
Albert Einstein says “Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means.”
And here’s the official Oxford Dictionary Definitions:
- The power or ability to affect someone’s beliefs or actions.
- A person or thing with such ability or power.
- The power arising out of status, contacts, or wealth.
- The power to produce a physical change.
Will you develop a program for growing leaders? Will you commit to being the kind of Leader who affects someone’s beliefs . . . about themselves, their abilities, and their businesses?
I believe in you . . . and so will your TEAM!
Make a difference in the life of someone else . . .